About 65 km from Pune and 80 km from Mumbai, resting in the lap of Sahyadri mountains is Lonavala—one of the most spectacular hill stations near Mumbai. Wearing a cloak of serenity and mostly covered with a layer of mist during monsoon, this little hill town has been a perfect hideaway for mountains and monsoons lovers.
There are many places to visit in Lonavala in rainy season for all those who want to experience the season of love and romance in the beautiful Western Ghats. All of them have different things to offer and are great spots for a day tour from Mumbai and Pune; even the eating joints are worth the drive.
The most beautiful dams & lakes in Lonavala
1. Bhushi Dam – Revitalise with the splashes of water
2. Pawna Dam – A beautiful family outing place
3. Tungarli Lake – A place made of beauty and tranquility
The best places for hiking
4. Tiger’s Leap – For the awesome cliff-top views
5. Lion’s Point- The most stunning sunset spot
6. Rajmachi Fort – Feast your eyes on the views
7. Tikona – An age old fort still attracting many
The finest places to grab a bite in Lonavala on a rainy day
8. Golden Vada Pav – For the super amazing street food
9. Rudra – Relish multi-cuisine delicacies
10. El Taj – A perfect corner for a rainy day
Know more destination & holiday packages visit : http://www.indiafly.com/