The capital city of Andaman boasts of tourist friendly places that are gorgeous and awe-inspiring. There is plenty to discover in these cluster islands and Port Blair – a key pit stop in Andaman – never disappoints. Revel in the clear blue water, trek alongside green and brown thickets, and engage in the cultural history of India, as you explore the best places to visit in Port Blair.
Given below is a list of the most beautiful and famous places to visit in Port Blair. Do not forget to include these as you book an Andaman tour package.
Best time to visit Port Blair?
There are different shades to Port Blair with every changing season as the climate is majorly tropical. However, it is ideal to visit this place between October and March. Sightseeing isn’t recommended during monsoon (June to September) but heavy discount is offered on hotels and packages during these months.
How to reach Port Blair?
Port Blair is well connected to all metropolitan cities. There are flights to Port Blair from New Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata. The extremely patient ones can also take a passenger ship from Chennai, Kolkata, and Visakhapatnam.
Where to stay in Port Blair?
The capital of the archipelgao is replete with elegant hotels and luxurious resorts. Among these, Sinclairs Bayview, Seyshell, Fortune Resort Bay Island, J Hotel, and Hotel Sentinel are the best places to stay in Portblair.
Best historical places to visit in Port Blair
1. Cellular Jail: The prison-turned-museum
2. Japanese Bunkers: Reminiscent of the World War II
3. Chatham Saw Mill: The rustic beauty of the pre-independence days
Best beaches and islands in Port Blair
4. Corbyn’s Cove: A delight for sun-basking and swimming
5. Chidiya Tapu: Sounds of birds chirping everywhere
Best museums in Port Blair
6. Samudrika Marine Museum: A dip into the archaeology and marine life
7. Anthropological Museum: A walk through the world the native tribes
8. Fisheries Museum: A showcase of endemic marine life
9. Zoological Survey of India Museum: Nature lovers’ delight
Best place for shopping in Port Blair
10. Sagarika Emporium: For the best shopping experience of souvenirs
Places to visit near Port Blair
11. Ross Island, North Bay Island, and Viper Island: Island hopping near Port Blair
12. Wandoor & Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park: Glass bottom boat ride through the marine life
13. Jolly Buoy and Red Skin islands: Adventure seekers’ delight
14. Mount Harriet: Highest point in South Andaman
15. Sippighat Agricultural Farm: The mistress of spices
Know more holiday packages visit : http://www.indiafly.com/